Finished. I was looking forward to painting this 'jack, but for some reason didn't enjoy it as much as I'd anticipated. I don't know way. Maybe I was having a bit of difficulty figuring out where to vary the colour. For the first time I used Miniatures Paints metallic Copper (on the Cankerwork underside) which came out quite nicely. It's such a rich colour I rarely use it, like the majority of my metallic paints outside of the silver/brass/gold colours. My warjack rust theme is applied as usual, although it also had been better in the past. The jury is still out on the base as well. We'll see if any static grass makes an appearance in the future. And jus noticed that I should fix the base's skull - rubbish.
And before anyone comments, I realise the mandibles are on the wrong way round from the official pictures. But I'm not removing them so there's no point nagging me about it!
Ach, I'm sure once it's been in the cupboard and brought out on the table I'll be feeling a bit more positive about the whole beast.
I now await the Von "must have" jibe!