Wednesday 27 July 2011

Paint On, Paint Off

The Summer holidays continue to rumble on with their schedule wreaking effects trailing behind, so just a quick workbench WIP post to keep things ticking over.


Firstly, my latest Warmachine Cryx models are nearing completion - a defiler, nightwretch, necrosurgeon and stitch thralls (the left hand defiler is for reference). Just really a touch up here and there, the rust effects and basing to go and they'll be available for selection.


On the opposite end of the painting line there are my remaining old Ultramarine Terminators having a good soak in Dettol to remove the paint (and the wads of crazy glue the previous owner used) ready for a super smurfy makeover the Gok-wan would be proud of!


And finally is an Eldar Harlequin. This is quite exciting, as it's a figure painting swap with Tristan (of GWpertinent ). I won't say what I've sent him to spoil his surprise. I have no experience with Eldar nor Harlequins, however the rough brief is "goan yersel, big man" * so the pressure is really just on me finding a bright, individual colour scheme. As Tristan is such a football (aka soccer) fan (a self confessed Chelsea FC nut) I thought I'd give him a taste to my favoured team, just as a teaser for palette - should be bright enough. Paint hasn't hit brush yet, though, so it could all change!

* translation: "Please feel free to do as you please, my friend"

11 comments:

  1. I am having the same problem as you are. Not enough time to get to the crucial miniature hobby! Glad to see you're finding some time to get something done though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you kept it a surprise. I just want them all to look really different so no worries there after seeing your footy team. You guys REALLY need to try to hang onto Goodwillie! The lads got talent! (HAHA see what I did there? If not you need to play more Mordheim)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @adept, I'm sure we are in no way alone at the moment - although I have the house to myself next week, so I'll get to use the dining table (carefully!) for a minor project - more on that later...

    @Tristan, DUFC are definately a selling club (unlike your mob) - so "Brawboabie" will be away soon I'm sure. As for the Mordheim link, I fear you have the advantage of me there - I'll have to rake out the rules again to check ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Def sounds like Rangers aren't putting up an offer worth doin the biz, is this the last year of his contract?

    hint: it's the preferred experience roll for a mob of henchmen ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, he's a couple of years left on contract.

    Aah, Now I know where to look. It's always less funny if you need to explain it ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. rejected a 1.7m offer, 2m should do it and let you really strengthen..

    ReplyDelete
  7. THe Chairman has been knocking back offers for the last few weeks saying "£2 mill cash". Everyone is just chancing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. goin to blackburn most likely.. 2.8m + sell on clause.. good biz!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, another charge eh? Assault this time.. seems like a proper firecracker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is back from last year. A couple of lads attacked his pals on a night out and he waded in. One reason he's gone to England is to hopefully avoid this sort of trouble (some self inflicted, granted).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw a bit of him in the blackburn/everton match. A little off pace but his movement & power look like he'll be a natural fit to premier league.

    ReplyDelete