Tuesday 19 August 2014

Troll Trader Industrial Wild West Set - Part 1

My new Dead Man's Hand pickup has predictably had me looking at Terrain for my hobby shed table. My wallet doesn't stretch to the pre-painted 4Ground Wild West buildings (or at least I don't want to stretch it). Also, for economies sake (remember I used to contribute to the frugal gaming blog).

Troll Trader in the UK may well be familiar to sci-fi and fantasy ebay addicts (I know I've made several purchases in the past). They sell a line of basic mdf Wild West buildings that I am presuming is their own line (on the website they are listing under TT Combat Buildings). Their Industrial Wild West set (for around £30GBP) caught my eye, especially as elements could be played in other genres than Wild West.

So I took the plunge into my first mdf kit, which I plan to build and document over the next few weeks (my hobby time is sadly limited and split).

First up, this is what came through the post - 8 A4 sheets for laser cut mdf.

Sheet 1

Sheet 2

Sheet 3

Sheet 4

Sheet 5

Sheet 6

Sheet 7

Sheet 8
It all looks very nice. One main thing to note is that the above pictures are the complete contents - no instructions or final picture for guidance, so I'll be be referring to the ebay sale picture below once I get past the basic buildings in the build.


2 comments:

  1. A Dead Man's hand 'terrain' project, eh!? You know, It just starts out with a few buildings but before you know it your budget and available gaming space is compulsively reduced! I speak from experience *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing as grand as yours, mate. Think Mining amongst the hills the in the "Hunting in the Mountains" Elves v Humans Battle #5.

      Delete