Friday 13 May 2016

Steam Powered Sawmill Finished

Finished my Steam Saw mill. It is intended to add to my Dead Man's Hand scenery (which is of a more industrial mining town theme rather than the traditional town) but will easily fit into other games (Victorian or Horror I suspect).

The main building is a Stables kit from Warbases with the stalls left off.  I like my buildings to have more than one point of entry\exit if possible, so I cut a side doorway. I also left the back roof section loose for access, adding a tab of scrap mdf to stop it sliding off. The roof is corrugated card from Hobbycraft.

The steam powered sawmill equipment is a resin kit from Frontline Wargaming. They unfortunately forgot to pack the funnel, so I've had to improvise with a straw.

I've used small animal gnawing sticks from a local pet store for the log piles (they are nice and straight). Much to the bemusement of my wife I've had to paint them to look like wood!

I think I need a pile of planks as well as logs, but I have plans to do a load of ladders with wood stirrers and will do it at that time.

3 comments:

  1. Looks great. And ain't that weird - painting wood to look like wood. Same with me. I tried burnishing a lead minis sword blade to polished metal. Still had to paint it though. Just not 'right'. Weird.
    Likewise sand for sandy bases. Use sand. Looks like sand. Gotta paint it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth. As for swords, Years ago I saw tutorial about filing off the primer on swords to reveil the metal underneath. Can't remember if I tried it at the time.

      Delete
  2. Nice information on here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Le_Meridian Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate there effort also try to get this to anyone looking for business loan or other financial issues to Contact Le_Meridian Funding Service On Email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com / lfdsloans@outlook.com He also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete